1. Which football combination is called the 'Christmas Tree' formation ?
2. Which country topped the medals tally in the 1916, 1940 and 1944 Olympics ?
3. Which sporting activity makes the most use of all the body muscles ?
4. Name the first cricketer to feature on two successive Wisden covers.
5. The Olympic Gold Medal consists of 5.2% of which metal ?
6. Which is the shortest
distance in a track and field event where the runners
are allowed to break lines ?
7. The standard colours of which sporting event are green and purple ?
8. Which game is played in three varieties- horse, elephant and cycle ?
9. What sport did Mark Twain humoursly refer to as ' a good walk, spoilt ' ?
10. Which football team in the early fifties was known as the 'Magical Magyars' ?
1. 4-4-2 Formation ( it
looks like a Christmas tree )
2. No one as the Olympics were not held because of the World Wars
4. Brian Lara, West Indies
6. 800 metres
geography | literature | history | science | sports | music | general