1. Which country was previously called the ' United Colonies ' ?
2. What connects the Mediterranean Sea to the Red Sea ?
3. Even though H. M. Stanley did not find the source of
the river Nile, he found another river
which he followed to the mouth. Name this African River ?
4. Geographically, what connects Easter, Christmas, North and South ?
5. The U. S. calls this tourist attraction the Niagara Falls. What do the Canadians call it ?
6. Which tourist attraction runs from Anchor Cay Island to Lady Eliot Island for 1250 miles ?
7. The city of Budapest comprises two towns joined by a bridge. Name the two towns.
8. Which island was named by Eric the Red to trick settlers into thinking it had a warm and temperate climate ?
9. Ceylon is the former name of which country ?
10. What is arguably the oldest piece of agricultural machinery in the world ?
1. The United States of America
2. The Suez Canal
3. The Congo
4. They are all names of islands
5. The Horse-Shoe Falls
6. The Great Barrier Reef
7. Buda And Pest
9. Sri Lanka
geography | literature | history | science | sports | music | general