THE FIRST LINES
BELOW ARE THE FIRST FEW LINES OF
SOME FAMOUS BOOKS.
TRY AND IDENTIFY THE BOOK ALONG WITH THE AUTHOR
" A Well known scientist (some say it was Bertrand Russell ) once gave a
public lecture on astronomy. He described how the earth orbits around the sun
and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the center of a vast collection of stars
called the galaxy. "
" 'Tom !'
No answer. "
3. " Mr. Jones of the Manor Far, had locked the hen-houses for the night, but was too drunk to remember to shut up the pop-holes. "
4. " On Friday, June 12th , I woke up at six o' clock and no wonder; it was my birthday. "
5. " May in Ayemenem is a hot, brooding month. The days are long and humid. "
6. " This is a book about that most admirable of human virtues - courage. " Grace under Pressure", Ernest Hemingway defined it. "
7. " Marley was dead: to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that. "
1. A BRIEF HISTORY OF
by Stephen Hawking
2. THE ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER by Mark Twain
3. ANIMAL FARM by George Orwell
4. THE DIARY OF A YOUNG GIRL by Anne Frank
5. THE GOD OF SMALL THINGS by Arundhati Roy
6. PROFILES IN COURAGE by John F. Kennedy
7. A CHRISTMAS CAROL by Charles Dickens